Cookie Warning


Cookie Warning: Sorry, Cookie-Haters, but this blog may contain cookies. Hey, Cookie-Lovers: let's celebrate! C'mon, give me some palm!


Monday, March 28, 2016

An Invincible Variant Cover


Imagine our surprise when we went to the comic book store to pick up Invincible Iron Man Issue 6, and discovered that Justin had left the book. While author Brian Michael Bendis remained, penciler Dave Marquez had also departed. Replacing the art team were penciler Mike Deodato and colorist Frank Martin. Although their artwork was cool, my wife and I were amazed by how much their unique style altered how we looked at the series. 

While we liked their cover featuring Tony Stark's friend James Rhodes as War Machine, we decided to purchase this copy, featuring a variant cover by artist Skottie Young instead. The scene not have anything to do with the story, and it doesn't feature the color art of Justin Ponsor, but every time I look at it, it really perks me up. I wonder why.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment