Cookie Warning


Cookie Warning: Sorry, Cookie-Haters, but this blog may contain cookies. Hey, Cookie-Lovers: let's celebrate! C'mon, give me some palm!


Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hero or Villain?

In Invincible Iron Man Issue 6, Tony Stark's relationship with Amara Perera has deepened. We find them in bed together. The two then go out to eat at a diner. Mike Deodato's sketching and Frank Martin's artwork, coupled with this phase of the relationship, make me look at Amara completely differently. She doesn't seem so innocent or classy anymore. 

But then, Tony Stark doesn't look so earnest, so willing to break down the barriers to be a man who's worthy of her either. To me, he looks more like a villain.



There's absolutely nothing wrong with Mike Deodato and Frank Martin's artwork. Nonetheless, it makes me feel completely differently about the characters that penciler Dave Marquez and colorist Justin Ponsor got me to care about. Suddenly, I no longer love, or respect Tony Stark and Amara Perera as much as I once did.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment